Terms and Conditions
Abu Dhabi Media Network will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Website. However, by accessing or linking to the Website, you assume the risk that the Website and the content it contains, or may in the future contain, ma y be incomplete, inaccurate, out of date, or may not meet your needs and requirements. Abu Dhabi Media Network assumes no obligation to update the content.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
The Website may contain links or references to other websites maintained by third parties over whom Abu Dhabi Media Network has no control. Abu Dhabi Media Network is not responsible for the privacy practice s or content of those sites. Similarly, the Website may be accessed from third-party links over which Abu Dhabi Media Network has no control. Abu Dhabi Media Network makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any information contained in such websites and shall have no liability for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from such content or information. Inclusion of any third-party link does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by Abu Dhabi Media Network.
TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS
The Website is controlled and operated by Abu Dhabi Media Network. All material on the Website, including, but not limited to, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights that are owned and controlled by Abu Dhabi Media Network, its related companies or by other parties that have licensed their material to Abu Dhabi Media Network. Material on the Website is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Such material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, exchanged, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, stored or distributed in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means, without the express prior written consent of Abu Dhabi Media Network. Use of the material on any other website or networked computer environment, or use of the material for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of Abu Dhabi Media Network’s copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited Use of material in contravention of this Clause may result in civil or criminal liability.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO ABU DHABI MEDIA NETWORD
The Website may contain discussion forums, bulletin boards, video and photograph boards, review services or other forums in which you or third parties may post contributions, both current and historical, including reviews, messages, materials or other items on t he Website ( “Interactive Area s”). Where Abu Dhabi Media Network provides such Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and may only use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you expressly agree not to post, upload, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Website any of the following:
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photographs, videos, graphics, code or other material ( “Content”) that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, racist or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Content that contravenes the laws of the United Arab Emirates by:
- abusing an Islamic holy shrine or ritual, including (without limitation)where such shrine or ritual is protected under the Islamic Sharia (religious) law; and
- defaming any of the divine religions, including an act or theme which is blasphemous and/or defamatory to Arabs or any Muslims as an individual or a group or to any Arab or Muslim head of state, royal family and/or national symbol (for example the flag);
- Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any pa rty;
- Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Content that involves unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations, including Content that involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, spinning or spanning or provides links to other websites or webpages;
- Content that includes the private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Content that includes viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Content that is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Area(s) in which such Content is posted;
- Content that, in the sole judgment of Abu Dhabi Media Network, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Website, or which may expose Abu Dhabi Media Network or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
- cooperate with legitimate governmental requests, order of a court of competent jurisdiction or pursuant to any written law;
- to protect Abu Dhabi Media Network’s systems and customers; or
- to ensure the integrity and operation of Abu Dhabi Media Network’s business and systems,
Right to Use
By posting or distributing Content to or through the Website, unless we indicate otherwise, you
- grant Abu Dhabi Media Network and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Content throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised;
- grant Abu Dhabi Media Network and its affiliates and sub licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection wit h such Content, if they choose; and
- represent and warrant that
- you own and control all of the rights to the Content that you post or otherwise distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute such Content to or through the Website;
- such Content is accurate and not misleading; and
COMPETITION AND VOTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Competition Terms and Conditions
Abu Dhabi Media Network may from time to time run competitions, free prize draws and/or other promotions (together “Competitions”) on the Website. Such Competitions will be subject to:
- any other specific rules for the Competition which may be mentioned or available on the Website the “Competition Terms and Conditions”.
- By participating in any Competition you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Competition Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with the Competition Terms and Conditions then you may not participate in the Competition.
Changes to Competition Terms and Conditions
Abu Dhabi Media Network reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the Competition Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or by order of any government or governmental authority or any other event outside Abu Dhabi Media Network’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted on the Website. It is your responsibility to ensure that you review these Competition Terms and Conditions regularly to familiarize yourself with any changes.
Entrance to Competitions
Entrance to a Competition will be subject to the specific rules for participation which may be mentioned or available on the Website. Failure to observe such rules will deem any entry invalid and any prizes and/or gifts will be forfeited. Neither Abu Dhabi Media Network nor their servants or agents makes any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any participants entry. The Competition will be valid for the time period specified on the Website, as may be extended by Abu Dhabi Media Network in its sole discretion. Participants must be 21 years of age or older at the time of entry to be eligible, unless otherwise specified by Abu Dhabi Media Network. Participants under 21 years of age at time of entry are required to obtain and register permission to participate from a parent / guardian and to complete in full the Minors Registration Form on the website. Failure to observe this will deem any winning entry invalid and prizes will be forfeited. Neither Abu Dhabi Media Network nor their servants or agents makes any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any participant’s entry. Employees of Abu Dhabi Media Network, and members of their immediate families or households and any of Abu Dhabi Media Network’s group companies, subsidiaries and/or agencies associated with this Competition, including the providers of any prizes and/ or gifts and the sponsor of the competition (where applicable) and members of their immediate families or households are not eligible to enter the Competition. Any such entries will be invalid. For the avoidance of doubt, under no circumstances will Abu Dhabi Media Network be liable to reimburse anyone for any expense s incurred in participating in a Competition, nor will any refunds be made for the cost of participating in any Competition. You will be required to register certain details in order to participate in the Competition. You agree that all information and details provided are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times. Abu Dhabi Media Network reserves the right to ask for proof of age and evidence to verify the identity of entrant participant at any time and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. By participating in a Competition you accept that Abu Dhabi Media Network may use your personal information for its own purposes including but not limited to fulfilling your requests for products and services, contacting you, conducting research, and sen ding you marketing email and SMS messages from the brands associated with the Competition.
Each participant in a Competition will be entitled to one prize/gift per person unless otherwise stated. The winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the information specified on the Website. The winner(s) will be notified, as soon as reasonably practical after the winning entry has been selected, or within such other time period as may be specified on the Website, on the phone number or email address provided when participating in the Competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim the prize/gift. Failure to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize/gift (where applicable) m ay result in forfeiture of the prize/gift and Abu Dhabi Media Network reserves the right to offer the prize/gift to the next eligible participant and thereafter until a winner is found. Where applicable and subject to the above, Abu Dhabi Media Network endeavors to deliver the prize/gift to the winner at a time and place suitable to the winner, within a reasonable time period after the notification of the winner, unless otherwise specified. Delivery restrictions may apply. All winners are required to co-operate with Abu Dhabi Media Network’s photographers or reporters to publicise their win as Abu Dhabi Media Network deems appropriate. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in forfeiture of the prize/gift. Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives may refuse to provide a prize/gift, or seek its recovery, in the event of:
- any non-entitlement under these Competition Terms and Conditions;
- a participant’s breach of these Competition Terms and Conditions; or
- fraudulent or dishonest behavior by the participant, including but not limited to the use of technology which enables an entrant to evade charges or be involved in fraudulent voting or giving false information when entering the competition.
Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives reserve the right in their sole discretion to delay notification of the winner(s) or delay or withhold the collection or delivery of the prize/gift until proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or to disqualify the participant from the Competition. Prizes/gifts are non-negotiable and no cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize/gift will be given and all prizes/gifts are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Abu Dhabi Media Network reserves the right to change the prize/gift due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative prize of similar value. Actual prizes/gifts may differ from the details shown anywhere during the Competition. Graphic depictions of prizes/gifts shown may not exactly match the finally delivered prizes/gifts and are only meant to be indicative representations. Where the prize/gift involves the winner traveling, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) may be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas. Where the prize necessitates travel on a specific date, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) must be able to travel on the date specified by Abu Dhabi Media Network and the sponsors and no alternative dates will be available. Where the prize involves travel on a date and/or destination to be chosen by the winner, the date and/o r destination chosen is subject to availability and Abu Dhabi Media Network and the sponsors reserve the right to include a final date by which the prize must be taken. The winner is solely responsible for all insurance, applicable taxes and for any costs, expenses and charges not specified in the prize/gift description or the Competition information. Prizes are subject to the Competition terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
Voting Terms and Conditions
Abu Dhabi Media Network may from time to time invite participants to submit a vote on the Website (“Vote “or “Voting”) Such Vote will be subject to:
- any other specific rules for Voting which may be mentioned or available on the Website the “Voting Terms and Conditions” .
- By participating in any Vote you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Voting Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with the Voting Terms and Conditions then you may not participate in the Vote.
Changes to Voting Terms and Conditions
Abu Dhabi Media Network reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the Voting Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or by order of any government or governmental authority or any other event outside Abu Dhabi Media Network’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted on the Website. It is your responsibility to ensure that you review these Voting Terms and Conditions regularly to familiarize yourself with any changes.
The opening and closing date and time for submitting a Vote will be determined by the dates listed on the Website. Any Votes received before or after the listed times will be discounted. All Votes submitted will be kept private and confidential and will only be viewed by Abu Dhabi Media Network or its appointed representatives. Any Votes which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Abu Dhabi Media Network will be void. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of any Vote submitted by an entrant, or the operation of any part of the competition, network or phone system, the decision of Abu Dhabi Media Network and/or its appointed representatives shall be final and no correspondence regarding such disputes will be entered into. Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives reserve the full right to overrule or reject any Vote submitted. Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives reserve the right to cancel or suspend voting at any ti me, without giving any prior notice. Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives will not be responsible if a Vote cannot be submitted due to the Website being unavailable or inoperable. Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives reserve the right to disqualify Votes if any one of them has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if any one of them considers that there has been any attempt to rig the voting. Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives reserve the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to rule on any unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond their control in any way Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives deem appropriate (including the cancellation or postponement of the Vote or changes to these Voting Terms and Conditions) in order to reach what they consider to be an equitable solution for the entrants. By submitting a Vote you accept that Abu Dhabi Media Network may use your personal information for its own purposes including but not limited to fulfilling your requests for products and services, contacting you, conducting research, and sending you marketing email and SMS messages from the brand associated with the Vote. The decision of Abu Dhabi Media Network and/or its appointed representatives will be announced on the Website as soon as reasonably practicable after such decision has been reached. No correspondence will be entered into by Abu Dhabi Media Network or its appointed representatives in respect of such decision which will be final and binding in all respects.
The Website and the information and materials on the Website are provided to you “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. The information contained herein may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Abu Dhabi Media Network makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any facts, advice, opinions, views, statements, recommendations or other information displayed on or distributed through the Website. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such facts, advice, opinions, views, statements, recommendations, or other information is at your sole risk. Abu Dhabi Media Network makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the suitability, functionality, availability or operation of the Website. The Website may be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment. Abu Dhabi Media Network does not warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects in the Website will be corrected, or that the Website or the servers that make the website available are free from viruses or other harmful components.
Competitions and Voting
Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives will take all reasonable measures to ensure that Competition and Voting is provided using reasonable skill and care. However, no warranties are made whatsoever in relation to the accuracy, suitability, reliability, completeness or otherwise of the information or Competition or Voting itself, nor in relation to disruptions, delays or errors in connection with the Website or the internet, including but not limited to any acts or omissions made by any telecommunications service provider with whom you have contracted to gain access to the Website, all of which Abu Dhabi Media Network shall accept no responsibility for (without limitation). Further, Abu Dhabi Media Network gives no warranties in respect of information to which you may have access but which has not been directly provided by Abu Dhabi Media Network and its appointed representatives including, without limitation, information on the internet relating to the Competition or Voting which is available outside of the Website: such information shall remain the s ole responsibility of the provider of the information.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Abu Dhabi Media Network be liable to you for damages of any kind whether based in tort, contract, strict liability or otherwise, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages resulting from or in connection with:
- the Website or the information it contains or any errors or omissions in the technical operation of the Website, even if Abu Dhabi Media Network has been advised of the possibility of such damages, whether caused in whole or in part by negligence, acts of God, telecommunications failure, or theft or destruction of, or unauthorized access to, the website;
- your participation in any Competition or Voting provided by Abu Dhabi Media Network on the Website;
- any statements, representations or Content provided by its users in any public forum, personal home page or other Interactive Area;
- any Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, nor for any loss or damage thereto; any
- any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity, violations of law (including the laws of the United Arab Emirates) you may encounter on the Website.
You shall indemnify and hold Abu Dhabi Media Network and its affiliates and each entity’s directors, officers and employees harmless in respect of any claim, loss, liability, damage or expense (including reasonable legal fees and expenses) arising out of or in connection with:
- any claim that the Content infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- a rising from your use or conduct on the Website.